I would be writing this from my Caribbean beach home if I were really any good at predictions. Having said that there are a few macro level changes I think will happen in our industry that are worth putting down as reference points. Some of these might be considered obvious but are none the less valid – they will be high profile in 2009.
- Facebook will come of age as a business tool as well as a social networking website. Linked-In will struggle to keep up with Facebook. Twitter will gain in strength.
- The use of web based conferencing and collaboration will grow significantly in the face of the economic downturn and the need to cut costs.
- The ISP industry will see some big consolidations. In the UK the Big 6 will become the Big 4.
- Mobile VoIP will become mainstream for business.
- The ISP industry and the Music industry will finally get together to combat illegal P2P downloading.
- Liverpool will win the Premiership.
6 predictions are enough. It reduces the chances of getting it wrong 🙂 .