Regular readers will have noticed a new look trefor.net this morning. This represents an evolution rather than a revolution on the blog.
- The categories are going to be easier to track so that people looking for specific types of post can get to them more quickly.
- The pages are being turned into areas where more information can be found. For example the FTTC postcode interactive map will let people drill down to their own street to see whether and when they will be getting FTTC.
- In the same vein I am going to be publishing whitepapers and doing reviews of hardware and apps I think will be of value to the business user in the UK. This will take time to populate as most of it comes from my fair hand but the placeholder is there.
- I have freed up some of the clutter from the homepage. The IPv4 counter is still there but on its own page which also speeds up the website andshould improve its Google rankings.
- There is now a mechanisn for gathering email addresses of peope interested in receiving a once a month summary of what has gone on in the internet world in the UK (ok ok I know the internet has no boundaries 🙂 ). This isn’t meant to be a way for me to spam you. It will be a summary and potentially contain stuff not published as stand alone posts.
I am extremely fortunate in being surrounded by talented people who have helped all this happen. I therefore would like to thank Scott Wroe, Paul Sherratt and Ian P Christian who have advised on, coded and tweeked the new look trefor.net.
OK that’s it.
PS it is still the same old photo of me. I should have had a new one done – that one is a little bit outdated but hey ho!