Annoying Facebook ads

annoying_facebook_adsFacebook gets more annoying. Today I note the adverts presented for my eager consumption and click through.

I am not interested in finding attractive women for men over fifty, especially when in the photo they look as if they are the same age as my daughter.

Moreover I am happy enough with my teeth and I already have a driving instructor lined up for kid 3 when he turns 17 (same one as successfully did kids 1 & 2).

If anyone is interested in crowdsourcing a spec for an alternative social media platform that can replace Facebook without the privacy concerns of Facebook stay in touch.

Also I reckon for a learner driver to only cost £2 a day extra it would have to be a 100cc car and the learner would have to be in their fifties -which considering the target demographic for the other ads is probably not far off being right.

share on Facebook1share on LinkedIn2share on Twitter2share on Twitter

6 thoughts on “Annoying Facebook ads

1. Lindsey Annison Lindsey Annison says:

Try Zurker. Bit geeky but quite fun and definitely not ad-driven as it is funded by users buying shares.

2. Trefor Davies Trefor Davies says:

I did try Zurker but didn’t find it intuitive.

3. Tim Bray says:

Are you going to remove the fb share icons from your blog then?

4. Dan says:

Merely having lots of users is not an indicator of value. These American websites are hyped and overvalued by those that being them public. The original investors have their out now and the sheep masses that use them are becoming bored. The fact that you get shown cheap tacky adverts just reinforces the quality of their audience.

5. Trefor Davies Trefor Davies says:

Tim
    I will review that suggestion. You have to understand the context. The fact is that ad revenues are linked to visitors to a website. The more visitors you have, even if they come from zombie like sites such as facebook the more money you make. We all have our price. :)

6. Tim Bray says:

I know. It was a bit tongue in cheek :)