Android, Windows 8 – Windows 8, Android – just like that!

Samsung Windows8 and Android phonesCars always seem to look the same these days don’t they? That’s because they are all designed with optimum aerodynamic efficiency in mind. The result is a bit boring by and large and very challenging for an advertising industry that has to resort to increasingly off the wall ideas to differentiate their client’s product.

The mobile handset industry has to some extent evolved along similar lines. After years of trial and error there are only a few mechanical designs that make sense, notwithstanding the fact that manufacturers keep suing each other for copying their rounded edge or single button.

Here are two Samsung phones. Clearly one is Windows8 and one is Android. The only real differentiation is in the software running on them. The time can’t be so far off when all phones are pretty much the same, probably made in the same factories and with well established software and from a few global players. The applications sets will be pretty much identical on each platform.

All that will be left will be the challenge of how to differentiate one phone from the other – the pitch for cool factor. I was at a meeting yesterday where one presenter was clearly an Apple and Facebook enthusiast. I am not. I don’t trust either organisation. I am a Google and Twitter fan.

There is no real reason why I should trust Google and Twitter any more than Apple and Facebook or even Microsoft for that matter. They are all after my money one way or another.

So that’s it. The future of the mobile phone. I’d like go fast stripes on mine please…

3share on Facebook 11share on LinkedIn 3share on Twitter 2share on Google1share on Comments

9 thoughts on “cop this – who is number 72 in the top 100 tech blogs? :)

1. HmmmUK says:

“Hi, I came across your website and really like the design and thought you have put in to it, bla bla bla. I thought you might like to link to my site as I like yours sooooooo much? Even though I won’t be linking to you.”

#Sucker
    …I might be wrong 😉

2. Trefor Davies tref says:

I’m in charge. I decide:)

3. The fishing Gardener says:

So how does the Alexa ranking work? – other than low looks good!

TFG

1. Trefor Davies tref says:

Alexa ranking is a measure of traffic to your site – lower the ranking the more traffic you have.

check it out here http://www.alexa.com/

4. HmmmUK says:

I don’t know anyone that runs the Alexa toolbar which I believe is how they get their data?!

When I carry out a report for trefor.co.uk it reports “no data”.

I can find data using the same Alexa tool for Timico – so I wonder how your friends at ‘CouponAudit’ managed to find some?

5. Trefor Davies tref says:

HmmUK – that’s probably cos its trefor.net not .co.uk. I don’t really know its worth or accuracy. Its a bit like all these social media influence scales which are a pile of poo and which are only of any interest to people who think the whole world revolves around social media which it doesn’t.

6. Trefor Davies tref says:

btw I note that the trefor.net Alexa rank has changed from 512,127 when the infographic was produced to 480,053 now. At this rate world dominance is assured before the end of 2013:) nyahahahahahaaaaaa

7. HmmmUK says:

.net – good spot *blush*

For me, when I try a report for http://www.trefor.net I get results for owbunker.gr ???
    This shows 480,053 as you posted though – but with the wrong URL?